National November Writing Month is coming to a close. I'm hoping all you participating writers have great stories written. I've been working on a romance novella, but unless I come up with 40,000 words in the next 29 hours, I will not meet my lofty goal of writing 50,000 words in one month. Epic fail? Perhaps, but I prefer to think of it as a learning experience.
Excuses--I mean Reasons I did not reach my goal:
1. Can't resist scrounging through the thesaurus in search of the perfect word.
2. My toddler broke his leg, resulting in numerous dr. appointments and hours of TLC
3. I was reading a great book called The Convenient Groom by Denise Hunter
4. Can't stop myself self-editing
5. Full time job...
6. ...working nights
7. My toddler broke his other foot (wish I were making that up)
8. Hallmark Channel started their sappy Christmas romances that I can't resist
9. Baked 10 dozen Christmas cookies for annual exchange
10. I haven't fallen in love with the story I'm currently working on
I'd love to hear what you wrote this November! Your success will be my inspiration.
Psalm 51: 10-12 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.